ticker

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Days: 24 / Pounds: 17

I lost my blogging steam for a couple weeks. Whoops :) It's hard to believe I've only been on IP for 3 1/2 weeks. It feels so "everyday" now.

Things have been going really well. I've lost 17 lbs, several inches from my waist, and many inches all over my body. My lean mass is holding steady around 170 lbs, and my body fat percentage is decreasing. Yay! My goal of losing over 100 lbs may be a little overly ambitious (read: impossible) if my lean mass doesn't decrease significantly. I'll see how things are going in a few months, and reevaluate my goal from there. I'm much more interested in getting in the 25-28% range for body fat than weighing a specific amount. At 6'2", I'm never going to be a small person. But seeing 1XX on the scale would be a dream come true :-p

I've decided to do a slightly modified version of IP. I became bulimic 10 years ago after losing a significant amount of weight with a very restrictive food plan. I was terrified that the "bad" foods would make be regain my weight loss immediately, so I'd purge to get rid of it. 3 months of intensive treatment has kept me binge/purge free for 10 years, and I don't want to trigger old fears. I'm eating higher fat low carb foods, like cheese & salad dressing, as I don't want to be so restrictive that I trigger old "food fears" & disordered eating.



I got a little lax last week with my food planning, and had a couple days where I completely forgot to bring IP packets to work. I've also been reeeally bad about taking my daily vitamins. To help me stay on track, I prepped my IP food for the week as soon as I got home from my weigh in this morning. I put 3 packets--two unrestricted & 1 restricted--together in a Ziploc. I also put the daily ration of supplements into a smaller baggy, and put one of those into each daily bag. No forgetting & no lugging bottles of vitamins around :) Win! I also picked up a Monbento box, which will be perfect for my daily lunch veggies & salad.



Because I like symbolic things, I've decided to start a Chamilia bracelet. I'm going to get a new charm for every 10 lbs I lose. Looking forward to getting my 2nd charm (hopefully by September 1st!).



And finally, a random public restroom mirror pic :) I have no full-length mirrors at home or at work, but I want to be better about tracking the changes. This was taken at -15 lbs. still a long way to go, but it's really happening!






No comments:

Post a Comment