ticker

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

FINALLY!

Even though only a few (or less) weeks have passed since I first heard about Ideal Protein, it felt like it took forever for this day to get here. We met this evening to learn about the plan, receive our food & supplements for the week, get weighed, and have our body composition measured. My body fat is high--no surprise there! What completely blew my mind was my lean mass; it's 171.3 lbs! Granted, I'm 6'2", but still! My lean mass--bones, organs, muscle, anything that isn't fat--has a BMI of 22.3. Ha! If I were to weigh 194, which is 24.9 on the BMI chart, I'd have about 10% body fat. 10% is the bare minimum for women for essential fat. 25%-ish is recommended for my age. 25% body fat would put me at around 230 lbs. That completely floored me. While Ideal Protein is big on maintaining lean mass, I'm guessing mine will shrink a little as I have less fat to carry around. I've weighed 230 lbs before. While I didn't have cellulite or rolls, I still had a good bit of fat. It'll be interesting to see how things change as I lose!

I got home pretty late & haven't really had a chance to go through everything I received today. I'll post pictures tomorrow, and start reviewing the food :)

SO excited to finally begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment