ticker

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratification


I have this quote saved as the wallpaper on my phone:

I struggle with impulse control. A lot. I'm all about instant gratification, even when it hurts me in the long run. Even knowing it will hurt me in the long run. If I could change one thing about myself, it would be this. Nothing has caused more problems in my life than my need to feel good right this second, be it with food, spending, or dealing with difficult situations. The obvious downside to this is that I'm stuck with a lot of messes to clean up, which is far worse to deal with than the rush I got from whatever it was that I wanted in the moment.

This is a very childish, immature way to live, and I'm so tired of it. I want to be healthy, physically, financially, and emotionally. I'm putting this out there so I don't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment